Dec 072011

Question by Kasia: What kind of geometry is used when objects in water stick out and form an illusion?
Sorry my question might sound a little confusing…
but what i mean is, say you have a reed in a pond. The part of the reed that sticks out above water looks straight, but the part that is underwater looks diagonal. A lot of straight things make this illusion when you put them in water, even a straw in a cup of soda.
What is this illusion called? and does it use any geometry?

Best answer:

Answer by Ms. Worth
The phenomenon is called “refraction.”

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Aug 182011

Sacred Living Geometry: The Enlightened Environmental Theories of Viktor Schauberger [VHS]

The research of Callum Coats takes us on a journey through the life and inventions of Austrian ecologist Viktor Schauberger (1885-1958). Now, for the first time, you can view the evidence in this detailed, three-hour illustrated lecture presentation on this two video set. Viktor Schauberger was a genius whose ideas were far ahead of his time. He worked as a “forest-master” in the Austrian Alps when they were still a true wilderness. This experience was to influence his entire life’s work. Sch

List Price: $ 39.95


More Enlightened Products

Powered by Yahoo! Answers